Bearyenas will randomly spawn on the island and attack your creatures. They will also attack and eat Rabbils. Much like Nichelings, they have an age bar and will die of either old age or their wounds.
Each Bearyena has 2 turns during the night.(Attacking or Moving)
Bearyenas have 2 Strength, 2 Speed, and 3 Sight.
Killer Bearyenas have 2 Strength, 3 Speed, 3 Defense, and 2 Sight.
When killed, Bearyenas provide 10 food points.
Killer Bearyenas only appear on Killer Islands. Killer Bearyenas have red eyes and a darker body compared to the normal Bearyena. Killer Bearyenas have the defense stat, which doesn't allow creatures with strength below 3 to hurt them. It is advised that you bring strong creatures onto the hardest island, as you will most likely encounter a few Killer Bearyenas.
Friendly BearyenaFriendly Bearyenas sometimes spawn with adult Bearyenas. They can be invited to the pack but only once the adult Bearyena is killed. Once invited to the pack (For 3 food) it is considered tamed.
A tamed Bearyena cannot be controlled and will move by itself, acting like a regular Bearyena (but it will not hurt your pack). They will attack prey creatures and pick up meat drops if they get near them. If a female creature breeds with a friendly Bearyena, the offspring has a chance to inherit Bearyena genes.
In rare cases, tamed Bearyenas have even been known to defend the pack if one of your Nichelings is attacked by a wild Bearyena.
Friendly Bearyena Genes
G Immunity, H Immunity, Bearyena claws, Bearyena hindlegs, Bearyena snout, Bearyena ears, big-body, no horns, no pattern, black fur color, moss brown fur color, white pattern color, and white horn color.
- They were the first added predator in the game.
- They used to be called Carnivores.
- They are a combination of a bear and a hyena.
- It is possible to hybridize with Bearyenas, but leaves offspring with very low fertility and makes it challenging to pass the enhanced genes.
- Bearyenas can kill babies with one hit, so it is best to protect the nest.
- Although Bearyenas can kill bunnies, they can't eat the meat. Friendly Bearyenas are an exception to this, occasionally stealing kills from your tribe.
- Bearyenas can and will kill and attack rogues.
- In release preview 0.5., hybrids were added into the game.
- If you do not tame a Friendly Bearyena, it will grow into a regular, hostile bearyena.
- If you attack a Friendly Bearyena, the damage will be erased once it becomes an adult.
- When you have a Bearyena, I find it best to trap it so it won't go far from females to mate with